Ever since I read (listened to) the Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love, I have been dying to try Pig Candy. Well, luckily, I got to try it out first hand at the SPQ Million Queen March Weekend......it was everything I had dreamed it would be. While reading (and listening to, just because it's soooo much more entertaining hearing it all in HRH Queen Boss Jill's own voice) the Sweet Potato Queens Big Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner, I came up with the clever idea of doing a blog just like Julie Powell did with the Julia Childs recipes. So here we go.....follow my progress as I attempt to whip up each of the tried, true and tested recipes loved by the SPQ.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Cosmic Climax Cookie Cake

Is it wrong that I decided to make Cosmic Climax Cookie Cake for an 80 year old on Mother's Day? Wrong or not, it WAS cosmic! This flourless cake is so moist and delicious, with a little crunch....perfect combination of ingredients. And it was a winner, as well....I even had a close friend texting me that evening asking about the cake; trying to live vicariously through it, she said (don't worry, I saved her a hunk). Super easy to make, crushing the wafers was the most time-consuming task....but well worth it in the end :)
This recipe can be found in the Sweet Potato Queens Big-Ass Novel, page 289.  

The ingredients

Cream butter, sugar and eggs
Crush the vanilla wafers

Mix ALL ingredients together

Place in bundt pan

Bake low and slow

Nice golden brown.....NO icing needed

Makes a great breakfast cake, too!

1 comment:

Love Bakes Good Cakes said...

This looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing at last week's All My Bloggy Friends! I can't wait to see what you share this week!