Ever since I read (listened to) the Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love, I have been dying to try Pig Candy. Well, luckily, I got to try it out first hand at the SPQ Million Queen March Weekend......it was everything I had dreamed it would be. While reading (and listening to, just because it's soooo much more entertaining hearing it all in HRH Queen Boss Jill's own voice) the Sweet Potato Queens Big Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner, I came up with the clever idea of doing a blog just like Julie Powell did with the Julia Childs recipes. So here we go.....follow my progress as I attempt to whip up each of the tried, true and tested recipes loved by the SPQ.

Friday, April 26, 2013

Motor Home Marvel - Variation

This has to be the 5th time I've made this recipe from the Sweet Potato Queen Big-Ass Cookbook.
It ALWAYS goes over WELL! Everyone loves ice cream cakes....this is as EASY as it gets and no one would no it wasn't from your local Dairy Queen (but we LOVE the Dairy Queen.....cause she's a QUEEN).
This time around I spruced up the top of the Motor Home Marvel ice cream cake with mini M&Ms....loved the extra "crunch" they gave every little bite.

Now doesn't that just SCREAM Happy Birthday!

No comments: