Ever since I read (listened to) the Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love, I have been dying to try Pig Candy. Well, luckily, I got to try it out first hand at the SPQ Million Queen March Weekend......it was everything I had dreamed it would be. While reading (and listening to, just because it's soooo much more entertaining hearing it all in HRH Queen Boss Jill's own voice) the Sweet Potato Queens Big Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner, I came up with the clever idea of doing a blog just like Julie Powell did with the Julia Childs recipes. So here we go.....follow my progress as I attempt to whip up each of the tried, true and tested recipes loved by the SPQ.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Armadillo Tails

Tonight, it's all about jalapeno peppers, cream cheese, chicken, and......BACON!
I just LOVE being invited to a pot-luck....it gives me even more reason to try out a new SPQ recipe. For this event, I decided to go with Armadillo Tails from the Sweet Potato Queens Field Guide to Men.
I've put off making this one because I, personally, don't like jalapeno poppers and therefore figured I would hate these as well. WRONG! It took me most of the night to get the nerve to try one, but when I did I then couldn't stop eating them. Just goes to show you should give EVERYTHING at least one chance.

Jalapenos are cut in half, seeded, and stuffed with filling.

Bacon is wrapped around the peppers and stabbed with a colorful pick.

Armadillo Tails are placed on a cooling rack on top of a foil lined baking sheet for baking.

Baked to perfection and ready to "party"!

Mouth-watering, isn't it!


No comments: