Ever since I read (listened to) the Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love, I have been dying to try Pig Candy. Well, luckily, I got to try it out first hand at the SPQ Million Queen March Weekend......it was everything I had dreamed it would be. While reading (and listening to, just because it's soooo much more entertaining hearing it all in HRH Queen Boss Jill's own voice) the Sweet Potato Queens Big Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner, I came up with the clever idea of doing a blog just like Julie Powell did with the Julia Childs recipes. So here we go.....follow my progress as I attempt to whip up each of the tried, true and tested recipes loved by the SPQ.

Friday, April 26, 2013

Join the Revolution.....Breakfast for Dinner!

My southern friend, Julie, was coming to visit and requested AT LEAST one day of SPQ food. Julie is the saint that introduced me to the SPQ books. However, Julie has never been to an SPQ weekend in Jackson, MS.....We're gonna have to change that!
I thumbed through my collection of ALL Sweet Potato Queen books and decided on Country Club Eggs (from the Sweet Potato Queens Big-Ass Cookbook and God Save the Sweet Potato Queens) and Blessed Bacon Biscuits (from the Sweet Potato Queens Big-Ass Novel).... Who DOESN'T love breakfast for dinner!??? Country Club Eggs was another of those recipes I've hesitated making, just didn't sound too appetizing...boy was I proven wrong AGAIN.....sheer masterpiece!  Blessed Bacon Biscuits - Well....bacon + biscuits = melt-in-your-mouth-amazingness.

About to go in the oven....adding slices of Velveeta to the top.

Eggs and Biscuits are baking.....biscuits are filling the room with bacon aroma :)

Country Club Eggs - Fit for a King!
The recipe called for rolling out the biscuit dough and using a cutter....I'm too dang lazy for that crap so I dropped them instead. They tasted the same, I'm sure!
Hold on to your chair...... It's BAKED deviled eggs!

Join the revolution..... Breakfast for Dinner!

Don't judge a book by its cover - I know this doesn't look very good but trust me....it's delicious!

2 comments:

Lillian (My Recipe Journey) said...

Do we have to buy the book to see these recipes that your making? I'm drooling!

Jamie said...

Unfortunately, as of now you will need the book(s). BUT.....hopefully very soon I will be adding the recipes :)