Ever since I read (listened to) the Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love, I have been dying to try Pig Candy. Well, luckily, I got to try it out first hand at the SPQ Million Queen March Weekend......it was everything I had dreamed it would be. While reading (and listening to, just because it's soooo much more entertaining hearing it all in HRH Queen Boss Jill's own voice) the Sweet Potato Queens Big Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner, I came up with the clever idea of doing a blog just like Julie Powell did with the Julia Childs recipes. So here we go.....follow my progress as I attempt to whip up each of the tried, true and tested recipes loved by the SPQ.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Egg Stuff

With the holidays and company coming, I thought it only appropriate to whip up a batch of the "Egg Stuff That Goes In Tortillas" to have on hand for quick breakfasts. I was drawn to the fact that you could freeze this stuff, the effort you put into it now saves lots of time later....when you are entertaining guests....unless, of course, it is guests that you really don't want to entertain, then by all means just wait and spend your time in the kitchen whipping this up while they entertain themselves! 
Depending on what size tortillas you use, this recipe could make up to 16 breakfast wraps! I bagged up 8 portions of this stuff to place in the freezer AND left enough behind to try out.
You will need a HUGE skillet to do it all at once, I had to do it in batches. Once your base mixture is done, you would then just add however much you needed to however many eggs seems correct for that portion and VOILA....wrap that stuff up in a tortilla and you've got yourself a super-fantastic version of McDonald's Sausage Burrito! 
I personally enjoy it without the tortilla, just piled high on my plate with a warm, buttery biscuit!

Base mixture all cooked up and ready to either A. bag up and freeze or B. add eggs and eat.

Small portion of base mixture cooking with eggs.

Placed on tortilla with a little salsa......

Ready to enjoy!

No comments: