Ever since I read (listened to) the Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love, I have been dying to try Pig Candy. Well, luckily, I got to try it out first hand at the SPQ Million Queen March Weekend......it was everything I had dreamed it would be. While reading (and listening to, just because it's soooo much more entertaining hearing it all in HRH Queen Boss Jill's own voice) the Sweet Potato Queens Big Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner, I came up with the clever idea of doing a blog just like Julie Powell did with the Julia Childs recipes. So here we go.....follow my progress as I attempt to whip up each of the tried, true and tested recipes loved by the SPQ.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

New Look - New Recipe

Oh woe is me........I just cannot seem to keep up with this cooking project on a regular basis!
What IS a girl queen to do?

But have no fear, I'm still here
testing out each recipe down to the last bite.
With a comfort food itch'in, I'm slaving in my kitchen
to bring you another SPQ delight!

But FIRST......I would like to mention that my Jamie/Jill Big-Ass Cooking Project Blog got a facelift......did you notice?  It's all splashy and cool now, and the purplish-PANK makes it much more delicious!

So, my first holiday party of the season.......a tree trimming party (you know what that means.....the bi-atch hosting the party is too darn lazy to decorate her own tree!) and the menu being offered was chicken chili. After thumbing through my SPQ books, I decided the Sweet Potato (Queen) Cornbread would make a nice accompaniment........and it DID!....of course!
Easy to make.....I opted for using a can of sweet potatoes (as HRH says is OKAY) instead of wasting time cooking and mashing up real ones. The recipe made 12 cornbread muffins - they were super moist and just a touch of sweet potato flavor.  
I dowsed mine with a big ol' hunk of real butter while it was still hot......Mmmmmmmm!

Ready for the oven

Ready for that dowsing of butter

Ready to be indulged!

No comments: