Ever since I read (listened to) the Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love, I have been dying to try Pig Candy. Well, luckily, I got to try it out first hand at the SPQ Million Queen March Weekend......it was everything I had dreamed it would be. While reading (and listening to, just because it's soooo much more entertaining hearing it all in HRH Queen Boss Jill's own voice) the Sweet Potato Queens Big Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner, I came up with the clever idea of doing a blog just like Julie Powell did with the Julia Childs recipes. So here we go.....follow my progress as I attempt to whip up each of the tried, true and tested recipes loved by the SPQ.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Fling

I know, I know......it's been FOREVER since I've made any new recipes from any of the SPQ books.  And, YES......I do realize and remember that I asked you all for some motivation about a month ago.  My apologies for not acting on those sooner!  I still have those recommendations and will try my best to get to them in the very near future.
In the meantime, here is my review of the Artichoke Nibbles found in The Sweet Potato Queens' Divorce Guide.  By the way, on the flip side of the SPQ Divorce Guide is the SPQ Wedding Planner......or should I say.....on the flip side of the SPQ Wedding Planner is the SPQ Divorce Guide.  Two books in one!  All the information you will ever need right at your fingertips.
Artichoke Nibbles - easy....cheesy.....sort of reminded me of quiche (that's pronounced keesh not kwickie).  Everyone, and I mean everyone, at the Spring Fling thought they were scrumptious!  Even the poor soul who should not eat garlic couldn't resist and ate one anyways......that speaks volumes if you ask me.  I think it might have been one of the easiest recipes I've tackled thus far, except for the "cutting an onion/crying" part......I hate that, why do onions make us cry?  And, is there ANY other food out there that will make one cry?

2 comments:

Khaki said...

Did you take that picture? I need a fork to break through my screen!

Jamie said...

Yes, Queen Khaki, I DID take that picture! My food preparing skills are amazing, but mostly my camera is amazing :)