Ever since I read (listened to) the Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love, I have been dying to try Pig Candy. Well, luckily, I got to try it out first hand at the SPQ Million Queen March Weekend......it was everything I had dreamed it would be. While reading (and listening to, just because it's soooo much more entertaining hearing it all in HRH Queen Boss Jill's own voice) the Sweet Potato Queens Big Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner, I came up with the clever idea of doing a blog just like Julie Powell did with the Julia Childs recipes. So here we go.....follow my progress as I attempt to whip up each of the tried, true and tested recipes loved by the SPQ.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Motivation

Okay Queens.....I need your help! What Sweet Potato Queens recipe should I try next? It can be from ANY of the SPQ books but it has to be one that I HAVEN'T made yet (list of all the recipes that I have whipped up is on the left side of the blog post). Is there a particular recipe that sticks out in your mind, that you are just DYING to know how it is? Since I don't have any parties to go to anytime soon (it's the only time I find myself cooking), I've decided to cook for YOU.......virtually. We'll call it a "Count-Down to the SPQ Weekend" cooking party. So let's hear it......make your requests!

No comments: