Ever since I read (listened to) the Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love, I have been dying to try Pig Candy. Well, luckily, I got to try it out first hand at the SPQ Million Queen March Weekend......it was everything I had dreamed it would be. While reading (and listening to, just because it's soooo much more entertaining hearing it all in HRH Queen Boss Jill's own voice) the Sweet Potato Queens Big Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner, I came up with the clever idea of doing a blog just like Julie Powell did with the Julia Childs recipes. So here we go.....follow my progress as I attempt to whip up each of the tried, true and tested recipes loved by the SPQ.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Pickles

Hand-Packed Pints of Linda's Perky Pickles......it's the gift that says "hey, I spent a lot of time slicing a gallon of whole dill pickles to hand-pack them into pint jars and turn them into something other than dill pickles because....you are worth it!". Yes, this is what my closest friends got for Christmas this year......crunchy and sweet with a tiny little kick at the end. Another fanastic recipe from the Sweet Potato Queens Big Ass Cookbook. I didn't notice until I was taking the photo that one jar (the one right smack-dab in the middle) didn't get perfectly packed, I had to keep this one for myself.

No comments: