Ever since I read (listened to) the Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love, I have been dying to try Pig Candy. Well, luckily, I got to try it out first hand at the SPQ Million Queen March Weekend......it was everything I had dreamed it would be. While reading (and listening to, just because it's soooo much more entertaining hearing it all in HRH Queen Boss Jill's own voice) the Sweet Potato Queens Big Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner, I came up with the clever idea of doing a blog just like Julie Powell did with the Julia Childs recipes. So here we go.....follow my progress as I attempt to whip up each of the tried, true and tested recipes loved by the SPQ.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Yummy Bites of Cheesiness

I'm thankful for the holidays, thankful that with it comes lots of opportunities to try out new recipes in the Sweet Potato Queen books. One of the many gatherings was a Pot Luck Tapas Party, and after searching through all the SPQ recipes I selected Sylivia's Cheese petit Fours. Need I say......they were one of the party favorites! Some thought they tasted like little mac and cheese bites, even though there was no pasta in them at all. Others said it reminded them of bite-sized grilled cheese sandwiches. Either way, they were addicting. And, because I screwed up reading the ingredients the first time around.......I had plenty of stuff to make another batch for Christmas Day Brunch - and once again, they were consumed in record time.

No comments: