Ever since I read (listened to) the Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love, I have been dying to try Pig Candy. Well, luckily, I got to try it out first hand at the SPQ Million Queen March Weekend......it was everything I had dreamed it would be. While reading (and listening to, just because it's soooo much more entertaining hearing it all in HRH Queen Boss Jill's own voice) the Sweet Potato Queens Big Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner, I came up with the clever idea of doing a blog just like Julie Powell did with the Julia Childs recipes. So here we go.....follow my progress as I attempt to whip up each of the tried, true and tested recipes loved by the SPQ.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mac & Cheese Surprise

"Maketh Me Lie Down In Mac & Cheese".........You can find this recipe in the Sweet Potato Queens 1st Big-Ass Novel. Yeah, that's right.....don't go looking for this one in your copy of the SPQ Big-Ass Cookbook cause it ain't there! There are magnificently disgusting, bad-for-you recipes in ALL of the SPQ books! I choose the ones I want to make depending on my mood and/or the occasion or event I'm attending. And don't even attempt to tell me you don't like magnificently disgusting, bad-for-you food......it's the BEST!.....That's why we all visit our fav fast food joint from time to time.
If mac & cheese and potatoes are the all-time best comfort foods.......why not put them together in the same dish? Yeah, you heard me.......YUM!!!
I chose to make this recipe because my silly friends decided that carving 20 pumpkins wasn't enough.....we needed to carve 20 more. This calls for some subsistence!
At first glance everyone exclaimed "What is THIS?"....but with that eye-popping, mouth-watering tone of voice. This eventually lead to a conversation about holding a mac & cheese cook-off......count me IN as a Judge!


I think I need to take a class on Food Photography.....it's hard to make "tan" food look appealing. But have no hesitations.......this dish is nothing but appealing in every way!

No comments: