Ever since I read (listened to) the Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love, I have been dying to try Pig Candy. Well, luckily, I got to try it out first hand at the SPQ Million Queen March Weekend......it was everything I had dreamed it would be. While reading (and listening to, just because it's soooo much more entertaining hearing it all in HRH Queen Boss Jill's own voice) the Sweet Potato Queens Big Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner, I came up with the clever idea of doing a blog just like Julie Powell did with the Julia Childs recipes. So here we go.....follow my progress as I attempt to whip up each of the tried, true and tested recipes loved by the SPQ.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Crock-Pot Pork & Pumpkins

It's that time of the year. Yes, that time of the year when you get together on a cool Fall evening with good friends and mutilate a dozen perfect pumpkins. But before doing so, one must fuel up on several helpings of yummy, cool-Fall-evening, comfort food. There was chili, cornbread, chicken wings, and a spread of cheese and crackers.......but I, being the Sweet Potato Queen Wannabe Chef that I am, contributed 'Who Croaked? Crock-Pot Pork'. This recipe can be found in The Sweet Potato Queens 1st Big-Ass Novel. And who doesn't love anything that can be made in a crock-pot? You dump everything in, plug it in, turn it on and 8 hours later.....voila!
This Crock-Pot Pork recipe turns an ordinary pork roast into a sweet, tangy, and somewhat spicy delicacy. And the pork was soooooo tender and juicy, I'm debating on the many ways I can use up the 3 leftover slices.

Add all ingredients to the crock-pot and power on
8 hours later your masterpiece is compete
Can't you just taste it!!
Oh yeah, let's not forget the reason why we all congregated around this mass of pork.......
The lighting of the pumpkins!

No comments: