Ever since I read (listened to) the Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love, I have been dying to try Pig Candy. Well, luckily, I got to try it out first hand at the SPQ Million Queen March Weekend......it was everything I had dreamed it would be. While reading (and listening to, just because it's soooo much more entertaining hearing it all in HRH Queen Boss Jill's own voice) the Sweet Potato Queens Big Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner, I came up with the clever idea of doing a blog just like Julie Powell did with the Julia Childs recipes. So here we go.....follow my progress as I attempt to whip up each of the tried, true and tested recipes loved by the SPQ.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bitch Bacon Bread Sticks

When the cat is away......the mice will play! It's girl's night out, or in technically since we are all sitting by a bonfire gabbin' it up - and it's another great excuse to try out one of the recipes in the Sweet Potato Queens Big Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner. Bitch Bacon Bread Sticks seems appropriate for the evening - it's a simple recipe, really, so I now wonder how the hell I screwed it up! Basically you wrap bacon around thin breadsticks and then roll that in a secret mixture blend (sorry folks, I'm not giving out recipes here.....you'll have to get your own darn copy of the book if you want to make them for yourself). Easy......right? Well, I have to be honest.......they didn't have much flavor.....which is hard to believe seeing how they include bacon. I must have done something wrong because if this recipe made it in the SPQ Cookbook, it has to be good!
I will say this.......it lived up to its name, for we were all bitchin' about 'em all night long.

No comments: