Ever since I read (listened to) the Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love, I have been dying to try Pig Candy. Well, luckily, I got to try it out first hand at the SPQ Million Queen March Weekend......it was everything I had dreamed it would be. While reading (and listening to, just because it's soooo much more entertaining hearing it all in HRH Queen Boss Jill's own voice) the Sweet Potato Queens Big Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner, I came up with the clever idea of doing a blog just like Julie Powell did with the Julia Childs recipes. So here we go.....follow my progress as I attempt to whip up each of the tried, true and tested recipes loved by the SPQ.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Look Out Cinnabon!

I love Cinnabon cinnamon rolls! No, you don't understand.....I love them! Unfortunately, there isn't a Cinnabon any where near me. But this morning I found my replacement.....No-Pain, Plenty-Gain Coffee Cake - another recipe from the Sweet Potato Queen Big Ass Cookbook.
You throw 6 ingredients into a bundt pan (no, I'm not giving you the recipe....buy your own darn book), let it sit overnight....................

.........pop it in the oven in the morning for 30 minutes and Voila! You get this huge doughy, cinnamony marvel that's enough to feed about 10 people......or just 1 if you are me and love this sort of eewy-gooey bready masterpiece.

I could not wait to dive right in. One bite......"Ooooohh......Myyyy......Gaaaawwwdd!!!!!"
I think I said that every time I took a bite. I'm also pretty sure I wet my pants just a little, it was so good!

No comments: