Ever since I read (listened to) the Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love, I have been dying to try Pig Candy. Well, luckily, I got to try it out first hand at the SPQ Million Queen March Weekend......it was everything I had dreamed it would be. While reading (and listening to, just because it's soooo much more entertaining hearing it all in HRH Queen Boss Jill's own voice) the Sweet Potato Queens Big Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner, I came up with the clever idea of doing a blog just like Julie Powell did with the Julia Childs recipes. So here we go.....follow my progress as I attempt to whip up each of the tried, true and tested recipes loved by the SPQ.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Miss Lexie's Pineapple Casserole

Easter Sunday - from the looks of many Facebook posts, it seems that Miss Lexie's Pineapple Casserole is a no-brainer for an Easter dinner side dish. I can tell you one thing, HRH Jill made this dish, as all of the recipes in her books, sound irresistible! It's basically pineapple chunks, cheddar cheese and Ritz crackers......doesn't sound like much, I know - but Mmmmmmmm!!! this dish was a real winner!
Most of the dinner guests were a bit hesitant to try it - "What's this?" they would say as it was passed around the table. Only 2 of the 11 guests did not try it.....FOOLS! People kill me with their inability to try new things - I've said it once and I'll say it again.......Don't limit yourself to the foods you know, be courageous and try something new! It could very well end up being the best thing you've ever eaten. And, if you take a bite and hate it - for heaven's sake just get a napkin and spit it out! It's not the end of the freakin' world! Anyways, the 9 people who did try Miss Lexie's Pineapple Casserole LOVED it! It really was the perfect compliment to a nice Easter ham.

No comments: