Ever since I read (listened to) the Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love, I have been dying to try Pig Candy. Well, luckily, I got to try it out first hand at the SPQ Million Queen March Weekend......it was everything I had dreamed it would be. While reading (and listening to, just because it's soooo much more entertaining hearing it all in HRH Queen Boss Jill's own voice) the Sweet Potato Queens Big Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner, I came up with the clever idea of doing a blog just like Julie Powell did with the Julia Childs recipes. So here we go.....follow my progress as I attempt to whip up each of the tried, true and tested recipes loved by the SPQ.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Heaven on a Cracker

I'm just finding all sorts of reasons to try out the scrumptious recipes in the Sweet Potato Queens Big Ass Cookbook. Another girl's night out proved to be the perfect setting for the Heaven on a Cracker recipe, submitted to the SPQ by Kimmydarling.
Cream cheese, swiss cheese, green onion, a little Miracle Whip (it does miracles!), some crushed Ritz crackers and crumbled-up bacon. I've always said I would consider being a vegetarian if bacon grew on trees.
Mix all that up and heat it up in the microwave just before serving. You can spread it on more Ritz crackers or dip tortilla chips in it....whatever suits ya.

Here we see our dear friend Merchelle (nickname) lathering it on slices of french bread and making a mini sandwich out it. Ummmm, do I need to say she loved it?

I have to say I was very impressed that there wasn't much left at the end of the night......especially with ALL the other food options. This recipe was a real winner and several girls asked how to make it.

Kimmydarling is now pondering how amazing a Heaven on a Cracker Grilled Sandwich would taste. We're patiently waiting for those results Kimmydarling!

No comments: